Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Chicken and Veggie Soup and Sloppy Joes

Well, we are chugging along.  Not much is changing.  We made chicken and veggie soup this week.  That's almost gone.  I was pretty... remorseful...about not having crackers, rice or noodles in it.  I kinda missed that texture, which I find very comforting.  However, the taste wasn't lacking.  All that flavor from the chicken and those wonderful veggies really made my tummy happy.

I also had an inspiration for easy lunches.  I've been browning hamburger with some Serrano peppers from out of our garden (the first thing we pick is a hot pepper - hee).  Then I add some spaghetti sauce and call it sloppy joes.  For all intensive purposes it is.  The cauliflower rice was ok with it, but I sauteed a medley of veggies this afternoon and that went very well together.  Its interesting.  The bags of veggies you can microwave just aren't appealing.  They dont have the same flavor.

No comments:

Post a Comment